Serving the ballroom dance community in our area since 1997
Our primary mission is to let people know where they can go ballroom dancing in Western Massachusetts and the New York Capital District area and the close surroundings - our area. That primary mission is accomplished with the Ballroom Dance Calendar. As a secondary mission, we also list area swing, Latin, and Tango dances. We only list area dances that are open to the general public. To support our mission, we also list area instructors and a calendar of area group ballroom lessons.
- Closed dance clubs which require membership are not eligible for listing, as they do not meet the "open to the general public" restriction.
- We only support events that are advertised as a dance and allow a majority of participants to dance for the majority of the time. "Spectator" events do not qualify for listing.
- "Invitation only" or "we reserve the right to refuse admission" qualifiers are deemed discriminatory, and events so qualified are not eligible for listing. (This does not preclude enforcing a pre-advertised dress-code or turning away singles at a dance that was advertised for couples only. "Singles" dances are also not eligible for listing, as they also do not meet the "open to the general public" restriction.
- Dance spokespersons who list other dances than their own, by genre, in regular emails, and which regularly exclude certain area dances from the appropriate genre in their emails will lose their eligibility for listing. Failure to correct such omissions after notification will result in removal of all references from ballroomdances.org. The allowable options are to list all area dances in a genre or to list no dances other than their own.
- Workshops or specialized instruction events that are really not dances are not inclded in the dance calendar, but they may be news.
- Regular area dance instructors can be listed on the instructor's page; one-time events may be included on our news page.
- We reserve the right to reformat and edit submissions to conform to the look and feel of this site.
Guidelines for Listings
If you plan to have an eligible ballroom dance in our region and wish to have it listed on the calendar, please include a description of the dance, additional information (refreshments, demonstrations, etc.), special instructions, contact information (include an email address and a telephone number), etc. Do not include promotions or advertisements for other events not included in the admission price of the dance. Lessons prior to the dance that are included in the price of the dance may be listed in the description, but not if there is a separate price for the dance without the lessons. It is permissible to state that lessons precede the dance. Use complete sentences and proper punctuation. Minimize the use of abbreviations. Do not duplicate information appearing elsewhere on the page in the description. No advertisements or promotions are permitted for anything that is not included in the price of admission to the dance other than the availability a cash bar or equivalent. We reserve the right to reformat and edit submissions to conform to the look and feel of this site. As we serve over 120 different venues for dances, and 400 or more dances, do not expect us to be editing your recurring dance page for every dance. Prepare a description suitable for recurring dances. We can have a link to your own page with additional details that you change with every dance, but that link address should not change. Click here for a template listing the required information (for new listings only); there is an email link on the template page.
|NOTICE to all event sponsors: Changes to web pages, dance and lesson schedules, etc, must be received no later than the week prior. Web page update jobs are run daily shortly after midnight each morning, but we require 5 working days in advance of the event date or the reservation cut-off date, whichever comes first. Announcements, changes, etc, must be received with a minimum of 5 working days lead time in order to be included. Late announcements will generally not be input, except for emergency situations, such as last minute cancellations. Plan enough lead time notice so that viewers have ample time to plan to attend. Visitors should be able to see your events at least a week ahead, so your announcements should be submitted a minimum of two weeks ahead of earliest events. We carry listings live for up to 10 weeks in advance, with all future dates available from the event page.
Links to sites that specialize in listing Swing, Latin, and Tango dances can be added in the appropriate area or on our links page.
Every effort is made to keep this ballroom dance calendar as up-to-date and as accurate as possible, but, just like the map is not the territory, it is not always possible. We are not always kept up to date, and we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies. Please confirm with the individual dance sites prior to committing resources or making long trips.