Social Ballroom Dances
Dan DeBenedetto and Bob Englert have teamed up to bring you the area's Best Ballroom and Latin Music for your dancing Enjoyment. Friday dances will move to Thursday in Cohoes. Dan will be hosting Thursday dances while Bob is in Florida. You Won't Want to Miss These Fun-Filled Evenings!
- The evening usually starts with a 45 minute lesson
- Dancing is to the best of the best music carefully selected from Dan's years of collecting at Blackpool and other sources.
- Music selected by Dan typically includes a ballroom, Latin, and social mix of approximately:
- 39% smooth and standard - American and international waltz, tango, foxtrot, and Viennese Waltz, and quickstep.
- 33% Latin - bolero, rumba, cha cha, mambo, salsa, samba, merengue, etc.
- 11% swing - East Coast Swing, West Coast Swing, Jitterbug, Jive, "Rock & Roll", etc.
- 6% Disco - Hustle.
- 6% Argentine Tango.
- 5% Others by request - Polka, night club two step, country two step, bachatta, etc.
- The third Friday is our Birthday Dance, and anybody with a birthday during the month gets free admission, so bring your ID and dance for free.
- Free Snacks, Fruits and Desserts and some Dinner Food - Please Feel Free to bring your Favorite Dish.
- College Students $5.00
- Beverages available for purchase at a cash bar on the premises.
- Check our list of current and past special event parties previously held at the former Ballroom on Sunset.